Monday, August 14, 2017

Books I'm Taking on My Road Trip!

This week, I'm going on a road trip and I'm super excited for it!  Not only will there surely be a lot of beautiful scenery, there will be many hours in a car.  While this normally wouldn't necessarily be a good thing, in this case it is.  I'm not tasked with driving which means I get to spend that time reading!  I'm one of the few people I know who doesn't get carsick while reading (thank goodness).  And, since I'm chugging along toward my goal of reading 20 books this summer, this will be a perfect opportunity to make it closer to achieving that goal!  

So, in preparation for the trip, I've made a short list of the books I want to take with me!

1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
I'm still doing the Harry Potter read-a-thon with my friend and we're on to the fourth book!  I'm about a quarter of the way through and really enjoying it.  I love this year for Harry, Ron, and Hermione (although Harry and Ron so annoy me a bit).  

2. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
I've heard so many wonderful things about this book and have admired its cover from afar for too long.  I finally caved and bought it the other day and I'm so excited to dive into it!  I'm already about 30 pages in and I'm hoping I can finish it on the drive!

3. Ruined by Amy Tintera
I actually randomly picked this one up at a used book sale without knowing anything about it but it sounds amazing!  I checked a couple of reviews my friends have written on it and they've all really enjoyed it so I'm excited to give it a shot!

4. Lucky in Love by Kasie West 
To lighten things us, I'm also bringing a nice contemporary!  I'm hoping it will be good, but I have heard some negative things about it.  

What do you think of the books I'm bringing?  I tried to pick a few different genres, just in case I get bored with one thing or another.  I'm really excited for this trip, and while there will be other things to do, I know I'm going to get a lot of reading done, which will be good.  Let me know what books you would bring if you were going on a road trip!

6 comments:

  1. SUCH GOOD BOOKSS!!

    High five for not getting carsick, my boyfriend kept warning me our last vacation. He was driving and I was reading, but no carsickness for me!

    Have a wonderful trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's so awesome not getting carsick! I did so much reading this trip, it was awesome!

      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Love Goblet of Fire! I know its not a fan favorite, but I just love the tourament aspect! And Lucky In Love looks adorable. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I love this book! It's my favorite of the series so I was so happy to get back into it :) I'll be starting the fifth book soon!

      Thanks for stopping by, Teresa!

      Delete
  3. AHHH. Harry Potter is always amazing and perfect for the road. Illuminae is one of my favorite books as well, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did too. :) Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS! I'm so excited to get into the fifth Harry Potter book soon! And I'm really enjoying Illuminae right now! I'm a little over halfway through and it is INTENSE!

      Thanks for stopping by, Zoe!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns